Saturday, September 13, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes - Sarah Palin

As we were leaving a store this afternoon, my 12-year-old daughter pointed out a headline saying that Lindsey Lohan and her girlfriend were having a baby. Now that I have a 12-year-old, I know a lot more than I ever expected (or wanted) to about teenage celebrities, but when she talks, I listen and engage. She's an adolescent, and opportunities may be limited.

I mentioned that I'd heard Lohan had been blogging about Sarah Palin, and the tone sounded positive.

"Why am I not surprised?" my daughter asked.

That surprised ME. "I'm very surprised," I told her. You know, Sarah Palin is very conservative and religious..."

"But," my daughter cut in, in that well, DUH tone of voice, "she's a wack job.

Identity politics at work again?

1 comment:

Kute Mini Thu said...

Cách dưỡng lông mày đẹp tự nhiên chia sẻ những bí quyết để bạn gái nhanh chóng sở hữu cặp lông mày đẹp tự nhiên. Những cách dưỡng lông mày đẹp tự nhiên, bạn cần kiên trì...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...