Monday, May 14, 2007

Yammering about Yammering about Yammering

I never claimed to be sweetness and light, but some days I'm crankier than others. Today, I'm a little peeved about the endless blogs about blogging and alleged writers writing about writing instead of writing.
I've mentioned before that I'm a fan of humor columnist Barb Cooper, and she's right in the middle of a couple of "writers" who are too busy talking about what makes a writer and who should get to say what makes a writer to...well...write anything of substance.
In fact, the whole Rockstories blog seems to be (in its own words) writing about writing about writing. And we never find out what in the hell it has to do with rock.
Light. Sweet. Crude. has a little more variety--its author takes a break from her stand on how she's a real writer even though she's just blogging to tell us about how her husband comes in (I'm dead serious--check it out yourself) and shows her his penis while she's writing.
If I had more time on my hands (like some bloggers obviously do), I'd start counting the number of bloggers out there blogging about writing instead of writing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...