Friday, June 1, 2007

Plant a Tree - Support my Color Scheme

This morning I came across a posting on a discussion group called, "Calling all GREEN Bloggers". It was about an organization that's fighting environmental change and hopes to plant 8 million trees.

I like trees, and sometimes when I'm downtown I look around and really wonder about what we've done to the world, replacing everything God created with concrete and steel, but the truth is that I'm not much of an environmental activist. I'm more of a "feed the hungry, clothe the naked" kind of girl, and my charitable contributions tend to go straight to the food bank or into the poor box at the church or directly to someone I pass on the street. But (sigh)...my blog is green. I didn't know, when I was choosing the template, that it could have such ramifications, but here I am...I have a green blog, and Borzack called all green bloggers, so I'm duty-bound to share this tree information with you.

And, in fact, the lack of trees is definitely one of the things that's wrong around us, from a human perspective and a "keep the eco-system functioning" perspective. I'm no expert, though. If you want to learn more, you should probably read the original post: I Bought a Tree!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no environmental activist myself. But it's for a good cause, so I thought for myself, why not? by the way, nice green blog you have here. Cheers :)

Dan King said...

AMEN! I am taking some vacation next week to build a fence and stuff in the backyard, but now you've got me wanting to plant a few trees as well! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...