Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Everything I Ever Really Needed to Know...Part II

This evening, since the duck fiasco was on my mind, I tossed out a "hypothetical" to my eleven-year-old daughter.

"If you were babysitting," I asked her (even though she's not quite old enough to babysit yet), "and you took the kid shopping in a stroller, and when you got home you discovered a toy from the store in the stroller, what would your options be?"

"Well," she said, "you could take it back. You could keep it, but that's not a very good choice. Or, if the kid was a little older, like about three, you could take him back to the store with the toy and explain so he'd know you have to pay for things."

Moment of silence. "That's all I've got. No, wait. You could PAY for it."

So.

Um.

My eleven-year-old is better equipped to raise a child than a hundred or so screaming adults in the "mommy blogging" community. And they said there was no hope for the next generation!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...