Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Semantics, Search Ranking, and Sales

About a month ago, I wrote this post about Pay/Half Stores, and it commanded an amazing amount of attention. In addition to bringing a lot of traffic to my blog, the post briefly enjoyed SERPs higher than those of the chain's official website for both the terms "pay/half stores" and "pay half stores".

Not only that, the discussion thread at Blog Catalog in which I talked about this accidental search placement is STILL commanding two of the top ten slots for those terms.

Since it's a short post not intentionally optimized for anything, I can only assume that the world is full of semantics geeks like myself, walking around deeply troubled by the mathematics of Pay/Half and by an overwhelming desire to call up Alarm Detection Services and ask them to go check out a particular address and let you know whether or not it has an alarm.

If I'm right, then y'all will enjoy this: Children for Sale

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I'm thinking about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...